While tea itself makes the perfect present or a lovely stocking stuffer, it can also be turned into a whole other array of gift ideas. From cakes and desserts to soaps and scrubs, the flavour varieties and benefits of tea lend themselves to a plethora of DIY inspiration.
Homemade gifts are a great way to exercise some creativity, can be a more economical option, and are a thoughtful way of showing friends and family that they're worth the effort.
The following recipe is for a beautiful body scrub, which utilises the beautifying effects of black tea. This is a simple way to polish and refresh your skin.
You will need:
- 2 cups of granulated white sugar
- 4 teaspoons of your favourite loose leaf black tea, coarsely ground (The Tea Centre's Chai Masala, or Oriental Chai make a beautiful aromatic addition to this scrub)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- An airtight class container
- Grind the loose tea leaves using a mortar & pestle or an electric coffee/spice grinder for a more even consistency.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the sugar and ground tea leaves and ensure they are well combined before adding the coconut oil.
- Place the coconut oil in the microwave for about 20 seconds to completely melt it down to a liquid.
- Carefully pour the liquefied coconut oil over the sugar mixture and quickly stir until the oil has thoroughly coated everything. Once you're happy with the consistency, spoon the mixture into an airtight jar and use when you're ready.
To use body scrub, just rub a handful on to damp skin. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of B S from couponsandfreebiesmom.com