Almond Macarons with Rooibos Infused Chocolate Ganache
Author: Denise Date Posted:28 April 2015
- 100g ground almonds
- 160g icing sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 50g sugar
- Mix the ground almond and the icing sugar and pass through a sieve, place in a mixing bowl and make a well.
- Whip the egg whites in a mixer and add the sugar slowly once the whites start stiffening.
- Place the whipped egg white in the well and using a rubber spatula, fold everything slowly together. The mix needs to be uniform and shiny.
- Using a piping bag, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pipe some of the mixture the size of a quarter, spacing each one and let it rest for 30 minutes – the top of each “quarter” must dry and form a thin crust.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes (the macarons must get a nice light golden colour). 6. Let it cool down on the trays then peel the macarons off the parchment.
- To prepare the ganache, boil the cream, remove from the heat and add the tea bag.
- Let it steep for 5 minutes then strain.
- Bring the cream back to a boil then pour on the chocolate and let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir the cream with the chocolate and let the ganache thicken.
- Pipe some of the ganache between 2 macarons.
Recipe adapted from Food Network.