Try this amazing iced tea for something a little different - great on a hot summer's day!
- 6 cups of water
- 24 grams of blackcurrant tea
- 1 tbspn of peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 6 tbspn of cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 8 crystallized ginger rounds
- Boil the 6 cups of water in a large saucepan. Once boiled remove from heat and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Whilst it's cooling peel and mince or finely chop your fresh ginger.
- Add this and the blackcurrant tea to the saucepan of boiled water.
- Allow to infuse for 10 minutes then add the juice and sugar and chill in the refrigerator.
- Before serving pour into a 2 litre jug but strain it as you go (can use a normal fine sieve for this).
Serve over ice and garnish with a piece of ginger. Alternatively the iced tea looks great when you moisten the rims of tall glasses with some water and dip them in a mixture of finely chopped crystallized ginger and sugar.
Adapted from a recipe by chef, Robb Garceau of New York