Somewhere between a cake and bread this amazing loaf recipe is a great treat to share with your friends - it will certainly get them talking.
2 1/4 cups Flour (I used Gluten-Free)
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Sugar
2 heaping tablespoons Maccha (Green Tea Powder)
1 stick Butter (softened)
1 Banana (microwaved a bit to soften)
3/4 cup Milk
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar for dusting the top
Honey for drizzling the top
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together the Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Sugar and Maccha.
2. Cut in the softened Butter and Banana until crumbles form and all powder is incorporated.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together Eggs and Milk. Add to the dough and stir until just combined.
4. Pour into a greased 5 X 9 inch loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. Making sure the middle is done by sticking in a toothpick and checking to see that it comes out clean.
5. Transfer loaf to the dish you would like to serve it in and once it is completely cool, dust with Powdered Sugar and drizzle with Honey.
Recipe and photos by Lauren McElwain (1cookingchick)