Chai Green Tea Infused Apple Chutney
Author: Denise Date Posted:28 April 2015
- 2 large tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 Tbsp Chai Green tea in a Tea Sock or Teapot Infuser
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir well. Ensure tea sock or infuser of Chai is covered by ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer over low heat for a few minutes more to cook off excess liquid; remove tea sock/infuser of Chai, stir, and let cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Makes about 2 cups. Delicious served with chicken, pork, cheeses, and on sandwiches.
Recipe adapted from Simple Recipes