Skip to content
Ingredients to produce one litre:
- 600ml boiling water
- 400ml coconut cream
- 20g of your favourite spiced chai tea blend (not syrup or sugar based mixes) (You could also add a little strong black tea for more depth of flavour)
- Approx 20g white sugar or the equivalent of your preferred sweetener to taste – optional
For iced option:
- Crushed ice
- Small cinnamon stick
- Kaffir lime leaf
- Place the spice tea in a pot or bowl which will hold comfortably 600ml of boiling water.
- Pour the boiling water over the tea and allow to brew for at least five or six minutes, to create a strong infusion.
- Add the white sugar or sweetener of your choice to the infusion, and stir allowing it to dissolve.
- Place the 400ml of coconut cream in a bowl or jug which will hold over one litre.
- Strain the sweetened infusion to the coconut cream and mix well.
- Taste to make sure it’s sweet enough. You can always add a little more dissolved sugar if required
- Cover with a lid or plate and place in a refrigerator.
- Place ice in glass and pour coconut chai over.
- Decorate with a cinnamon stick and/or a Kaffir lime leaf.
- Sit back and enjoy!