- 80g caster sugar
- 25g water
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4c unsalted butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 1 tsp earl grey tea, chopped into fine pieces
- In a small pot, bring sugar and water to a boil. Occasionally stir the mixture and continue heating the sugar until the temperature reaches 120C.
- In an electric mixer, whisk the eggs and egg yolks until the mixture lightens in color.
- Reduce the speed of the electric mixer. Once the hot sugar mixture reaches 120C pour slowly into the whisking egg mixture.
- Slowly increase the electric mixer to a higher speed and continue whisking until the mixture has cooled down completely and begin to look glossy.
- Add vanilla extract and butter slices. Whisk until buttercream is smooth.
- Fold in the earl grey tea leaves. For the shells, you can use this basic macaron recipe and blend 1 tsp of Earl Grey tea leaves with the almond flour in a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, chop the tea leaves and mix them into the sugar almond flour mixture before adding egg whites.
Recipe sourced from Mini Munchie