This is a great recipe for St Patrick's Day, a kids Birthday party or for anyone who loves shortbread.
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour a pinch of salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons high quality maccha powder
- Combine flour and salt together in a small bowl.
- In a mixer beat butter until creamy. Add matcha powder and beat until mixture is a uniform green color. Add sugar continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add about half of the flour and fold through. Gradually add remaining flour, folding slowly. The mixture should look crumbly but even.
- Roll out dough to 2cm thickness, you can place it between 2 pieces of baking paper if it is too sticky.
- Cut out your cookies using a cookie cutter and place on a tray 3cm apart. Re-roll remaining dough and repeat until all of the dough is used up. Refrigerate biscuits for 45min.
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cookies are dry, firm and golden.