Homemade Lemonade Concentrate
Author: Corina Date Posted:8 January 2015
Who doesn't like home made lemonade? This recipe is fabulous and will make about 3 cups of concentrate which in turn will make about 6 cups of fresh lemonade to enjoy.
Who doesn't like homemade lemonade? This recipe is fabulous and will make about 3 cups of concentrate which in turn will make about 6 cups of fresh lemonade to enjoy. So if you have a lemon tree, and too many lemons than you know what to do with, then this recipe is a fabulous idea! We also use lemonade made from frozen concentrate in one of our other recipes - Sweet Tea with Vodka and Lemonade.
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 250ml of water
- 8-9 medium sized lemons - squeeze 375ml of juice will need a plastic container with a lid suitable for the freezer
- Add sugar and water to saucepan and stir over medium to high heat until the mixture boils and the sugar is dissolved. You will need to stir continuously so it doesn't burn.
- Once the sugar is dissolved take off the heat and put it aside to cool.
- In the meantime, juice the lemons until you have 375ml of juice, remembering to strain the pips and pulp.
- Once the sugar syrup you made has cooled a bit add the juice and stir. This should make about 3 cups (750ml) of concentrate.
- Once all combined pour the contents into a plastic (not metal or glass) container and seal with a lid and place into the freezer and freeze until solid.
Should store ok for about 6 months. When you want to use it to make lemonade simply defrost the concentrate (I like to defrost mine overnight in the fridge). Once defrosted simply add 3 cups (750ml) of water to it and you now have homemade lemonade.
Pour over ice and serve. Alternatively, you can add ice to a glass, fill 1/4 with soda water and the rest with the lemonade to give it a few bubbles. Lemon slices also make a nice garnish to your glass if you have extra. If you find this a little too tangy for you an alternative is to juice equal amounts of lemon and oranges or lemon and lime to make up your 375ml of juice for a similar refreshing drink.