A decadent, steaming cup of spice infused Hot Chocolate Chai is the perfect winter treat! Enjoy!!
for the Chai –
- 3 teaspoons of Tea Centre Oriental Chai or 4 teaspoons of any of our other Chai blends
- 2 cups of boiled water
for the Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (to your choosing)
- 1/4 cup of cream
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 3 tablespoons of hot chocolate powder
- Add the chai tea leaves to a teapot (or a saucepan will work too but place a lid over it so you don’t loose too much heat). Add the boiled water.
- Allow the chai tea to brew for a good 5 minutes.
- Strain the leaves and set aside.
- In a saucepan or milk pan gently heat the milk and cream on a medium heat. When the milk starts foaming at the edges add the cinnamon stick, cloves and chocolate powder. Add a cup of the strained tea and simmer, stirring gently and constantly for about 4 minutes until hot and steamy.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and cloves and pour into large mugs or double walled glasses, dust with some chocolate powder if you like then serve immediately.
- Enjoy your Hot Chocolate Chai!