- 2 tablespoons of Jasmine tea
- 75g caster sugar
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 an orange
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- Boil 375ml of water, allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Add the jasmine tea to your teapot, add the hot water and allow to infuse for 3 minutes. If you don't have a teapot you can place the tea leaves into a tea sock or piece of muslin, allow enough room for the tea leaves to expand, and seal with a rubber band or piece of string, place into a bowl, add the hot water and allow to infuse for 3 minutes .
- Put the sugar into a mixing bowl, pour the hot tea over the sugar and stir until dissolved. Let cool.
- Add the fruit juices to the tea mixture.
- Churn in an ice-cream maker, according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Serve immediately or freeze. If frozen, soften for a few minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
This is an intensely flavoured ice, so serve in modest portions, about 2 tablespoons per person in small glasses.
From the book: Tea - Discovering, Exploring, Enjoying by Hattie Ellis
We hope you enjoy this amazing sorbet recipe but remember you can experiment with different varieties of tea for different flavours!