Maccha Green Tea Sugar Cookies
Author: Corina Date Posted:28 August 2015
These cookies look like something you would buy from an upmarket bakery for a special treat but they're actually nice and easy to make.
These cookies look like something you would buy from an upmarket bakery for a special treat but they're actually nice and easy to make. So if you're looking to impress your friends or work colleagues with some amazing looking cookies then give this recipe a try - you won't be disappointed!
For The Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 2 tablespoons maccha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
For The Drizzle
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line baking sheet with baking paper or a silicone mat and set aside.
- Sift flour, maccha, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg, almond extract if you're using it, and reduce speed to low. Gradually add in maccha flour mixture.
- Roll dough into 36 balls about 1 inch wide and space 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
To Add A Little Pizzazz
- Place white chocolate chips in small, microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 15 second intervals until melted.
- Transfer melted white chocolate to piping bag fitted with a tip.
- Top green tea cookies with white chocolate drizzle and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Recipe and photos by Yang Yang of fortune GOODIES