Don’t just stop at enjoying a cup of tea with your breakfast; enjoy it in your breakfast! Adapted from the The Food Girl in Town blog, Gabby Peyton’s pancake recipe is a cheeky way of making an indulgent cup of Rooibos Chocolate Bomb even more delectable.
Rooibos Chocolate Bomb Infused Pancakes with Dark Chocolate Syrup
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Rooibos Chocolate Bomb
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon oil
Dark Chocolate Syrup Ingredients:
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- To infuse the milk for the pancake mix: Heat 2 cups of whole milk with 2 tbsp. of Rooibos Chocolate Bomb in a saucepan until almost boiling. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside for at least one hour (up to four) in order for tea to fully infuse the milk.
- To make the syrup: Break 100g of dark chocolate into small pieces and melt in a pot with 1/3 cup of water. Once chocolate is fully melted, add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Once combined, keep syrup on low temperature to ensure it stays warm and gooey.
- Once the milk has been infused, strain it with a fine sieve to remove the rooibos.
- For pancakes: heat skillet to medium high heat. Combine 1 cup flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, and beaten egg into a bowl. Add 1 cup of the rooibos infused milk and mix until mixture is smooth.
- Grease skillet with 1 tbsp of oil and make pancakes. The pancakes will be a pinky brown colour and when they cook will look almost burnt, but this is normal!
- Serve warm chocolate syrup over pancakes and enjoy!
(Photo sourced from The Food Girl in Town)