We all get a sore throat from time to time so here is a tasty tea recipe for you to try. The honey helps to soothe your throat and the lemon helps to reduce the swelling. Green tea, such as jasmine, contains natural Vitamin C so you have the trifecta in the combined ingredients.
- 250ml water
- 1 tbspn jasmine tea (you could also use a traditional black tea if you prefer)
- 2 thick lemon slices + 1 lemon slice to add later
- 2 tspns of honey
- Heat water in a kettle but do not boil, switch off before it boils. If you have boiled the water simply wait a couple of minutes for it to cool off a little. You do this so you don’t burn your tea leaves with scalding hot water, which tends to make the tea taste bitter. Whilst you’re waiting for your hot water add lemon slices to your teapot along with the tea leaves and honey (a fresh ginger slice can also be added if you like the taste). When your hot water is ready pour it into your teapot.
- Allow to steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Add a lemon slice to your mug and pour the tea mixture over it and enjoy.
- Alternatively, if you have a sore throat in summer and don’t really feel like a hot beverage then you can also have this recipe iced. Simply quadruple the above recipe, cool in the refrigerator, add a slice of lemon per glass and serve the tea over ice. Yum