- 500g strawberries, washed, hulled and chopped
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6g of Turkish Delight tea in a Paper Filter Pouch
- Place strawberries into a 3-litre capacity heatproof microwave-safe bowl such as Pyrex. Add sugar and the lemon juice plus the paper filter pouch of Turkish Delight tea. Microwave, uncovered, for 4 minutes on HIGH(100%) power. Stir. Remove pouch having first squeezed the wonderful flavour from the tea into the strawberries.
- Microwave for a further 15 minutes on HIGH power (jam should still by runny), or until jam reaches setting point (see hint).
- Spoon hot jam into hot sterilised jars. Seal. Turn jars upside down for 2 minutes. Turn right-side up. Cool.
- Once opened, store in the fridge.
Hint: To check if jam has reached setting point, place 1 teaspoon of jam on to a chilled saucer. Place in a freezer for 1 -2 minutes or until jam is at room temperature. Run your finger through jam. If the surface wrinkles and stays in 2 separate portions, it’s ready to be used.