Adapted from a recipe by New York chef Robb Garceau Try this amazing and refreshing iced tea recipe - you won't be disappointed!
- 4 cups of seedless and cubed watermelon flesh + watermelon balls for garnishing
- 2 cups of water
- 4 grams of green tea (can use 2 tea bags instead, if you prefer)
- 1 lime + 1 lime for garnishing sugar syrup (equal parts of sugar and water) or other sweetener if desired
- Boil the 2 cups of water. Once boiled allow to sit for 1-2 minutes (so you don't burn your tea leaves).
- Place your tea leaves (or tea bags) into your teapot (or bowl/saucepan) and add the boiled water. Allow 10 minutes for the tea to infuse.
- While this is happening puree your watermelon cubes in a blender, remove the juice from the lime and add these to a 2 litre jug.
- Once the tea has infused for 10 minutes, remove the tea leaves (or tea bags) and add the tea to the jug.
- Stir all ingredients and taste test to see if you think it needs further sweetening with some sugar syrup (or other preferred sweetener).
- Chill in the refrigerator.
Serve over ice and garnish with lime and watermelon pieces.